Some things that drive me insane (in no particular order):
- mushy bananas
- people who misuse the phrase “quote unquote”
- gum smacking
- men who sit next to you on the train with their knees so far apart that they actually take up 3 seats
- grown ups who cheat at board games
- incorrect apostrophe usage
- slow walkers in NYC who walk around 4 people across taking up the whole sidewalk – I’m really excited that you’re enjoying your vacation in NYC and I’m so glad you’re leisurely taking in the sights. But I have to get to work so could you just leave a little bit of sidewalk open so I can rush past you? I’m not on vacation and it’s pissing me off.
- grape soda – doesn’t anyone else think it tastes like medicine?
- people who say “not to be rude but…” and assume it means they can then say any mean horrible thing they want
- cat people – your cats are not THAT great and why do you need to have all these cat “things” around? Like the calendars, mugs, sweaters, earrings. Aren’t your cats enough?
- dog people – your dogs are not children
What drives you bananas?