Top 5 things that happened today:
- Watched Nomi sing and dance along to the Fresh Beat Band this morning. She has some sweet moves.
- Overheard 4 rowdy drunk guys on the way home from the Giants parade (apparently there was some Big Deal Sporting Event last weekend and the Giants won so all of NY is celebrating even though technically they’re a NJ team. Come to think of it, that sounds like a lot of stuff in NYC.) Anyway these guys were discussing the parade and then suddenly, no joke, burst into some seriously awesome 80′s ballads. Awesome. I gave them some jazzhands on my way off the train. No I didn’t. But I should have. Next time.
- Definitely made a joke that had at least 2 other people cracking up at work. But now I can’t remember it. But seriously, it was funny. Trust me.
- Made pasta and meatballs for dinner and Nomi would only eat out of my bowl, and would select each bite very, very carefully. “Now I eat this one.” Points, grabs, eats. “Now I eat this one.” Points, grabs, eats. “Now you eat this one?” Points. “Now I eat this one.”
- Here was our bedtime routine tonight: “Mommy, read this one.” I read two pages. “No, no, no. Read THIS one.” Hands me another, I read two pages. “No. Read THIS one.” we start another. “No. Bed.” And she went to bed. OK then.
- Bonus 6th thing: Watching Bruce Jenner’s eyebrows on Keeping up with the Kardashians.